Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Scrambled Egg Salad

Today I got off work and was feeling pretty hungry, but it was only 3:00pm. I decided I would have a mini meal that would last me till dinner for sure! I concocted a wonderful blend of scrambled eggs, greens and a little cheese. It was delicious! I still have onion mouth from it...haha. Yesterday I looked up what spices are the best for our bodies and discovered that Turmeric was on the list! It added a really nice flavor to the eggs and made me feel good that I was consuming a spice that helps with inflammation.


-Ingredients-
-2 large eggs
-a pinch of Turmeric (Turmeric has anti inflammatory agents in it)
-a generous shake of garlic powder
-a splash of milk (or soy, almond, coconut...etc)
-a handful of mixed greens, I used spinach and kale
-diced red onion
-a quarter of an avocado
-a half of a slice of cheese
-Directions-
-heat up a skillet on the stove.
-crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl, discarding one of the yolks. 
-add the turmeric, garlic powder and milk to the egg mixture, then whisk until blended.
-scramble the eggs in the skillet.
-on a plate, throw together the diced red onion, chopped up avocado, broken apart cheese and rinsed greens mixture.
-add the scrambled eggs to the plate and there you go! A delicious blend of healthy :]

I also had a chocolate craving and decided to make my Tofu Mousse, man is it good. Hit the spot perfectly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment